Trend Watch

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Monday, February 18, 2008

Major ambition for Aguilar

The 33-year-old was made to work for victory all the way to the last hole by India's Jeev Milkha Singh.But the Chilean secured the crown when he birdied the par-four 18th while Singh hit a bogey after his par putt agonisingly lipped out."It wasn't really nerve-wracking," said Aguilar of his crucial final putt. "Not as much as the one I had for par on the 15th."I stood over the ball and I knew it was inside right edge and all I had to do was get it on line because it was a little downhill. I just had to let it roll and it happened. The putter got hot when it had to."I am going to try and get into the majors now and also try and play in the World Cup. But I will have a couple of weeks at home and re-do my schedule."This is life changing for me. My businesses are doing well - I have great partners there - and I have a great family so I can't complain."I consider myself to have been touched by God and now it is up to me to respond. With all the success I have been having I have to figure out how I can respond and give back."It looked like Singh might just have the edge over Aguilar after an impressive run where he picked up eagles on the par-five sixth and the par-four 11th.However, a bogey on 16 tightened up the top of the leaderboard before his bogey on the last handed the victory to Aguilar."It was Aguilar's day and not mine today," admitted the 36-year-old. "It was disappointing for me but I guess that's golf. Aguilar deserves this win and I congratulate him."

No comments:

 
USBTurntable WhiteWalls
ss_blog_claim=80c85ef4e4859d9040902b5558d2b0e3 ss_blog_claim=80c85ef4e4859d9040902b5558d2b0e3 http://tinyurl.com/dh38b7