Trend Watch

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Clemente denies latest Iran rumours

The Iran Football Federation (IFF) had been keen to appoint the former Spain boss after Team Melli's disappointing 0-0 draw against Serbia in their opening 2010 World Cup qualifier.

Clemente initially rejected the post because he was unwilling to live full-time in the country, but Iranian state television reported on Wednesday that the 57-year-old had once again spoken to the IFF and had agreed a move.

Clemente is adamant nothing has been sealed though and says he is no closer to taking on the role."The Iranians are really insistent that I go there and they won't stop sending me faxes," he told Marca."I still think the same about this as I did at the start (that living in Iran is not necessary) and the truth is I don't know if I'll sign or not. I'm neither a pessimist nor an optimist.
"They (the Iranian FA) want to quantify everything. They want to give me a certain amount of months in holiday and things like that aren't necessary in my view.I've told them that I'll live in Tehran on the days that I need to be there and for as long as it takes to know all there is to know about Iranian football."

No comments:

 
USBTurntable WhiteWalls
ss_blog_claim=80c85ef4e4859d9040902b5558d2b0e3 ss_blog_claim=80c85ef4e4859d9040902b5558d2b0e3 http://tinyurl.com/dh38b7