Trend Watch

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Saturday, April 5, 2008

letter printing

My favorite tool is my Chandler and Price press. It is a 1,200 lb. beast made of cast iron, and it took four men to move it slowly and carefully into my basement. The letterpress printing was made in the early 1900s and was even used to print one of my city's local papers in the 1920s. The person I bought it from used it for 30 years in his basement. I smile when I am printing and think of how many people have used the press to create their own work.birthday invitations by seeing people touch my cards and watching their faces light up when they feel the tactile quality of a letterpress print. I am also motivated when I receive e-mails from people who have bought my cards and tell me how they gave them to a special friend or relative. A few people have used my "Bun in the Oven" card to announce theirbaby announcements, family, and even husbands - and being a small part of such a major announcement makes me want to create more.

No comments:

 
USBTurntable WhiteWalls
ss_blog_claim=80c85ef4e4859d9040902b5558d2b0e3 ss_blog_claim=80c85ef4e4859d9040902b5558d2b0e3 http://tinyurl.com/dh38b7